Foreign citizens who want to start a business in Dubai have various options in terms of legal forms but also locations for these companies to operate in. Among these, Dubai Investment Park or DIP is one of the newest and largest commercial and industrial complexes not only in the Emirate but in the entire country. DIP is located close to Jebel Ali Free Zone and thus offers easy access to the most important business centers in mainland Dubai.
If we have convinced you to consider DIP Dubai for starting a business, we invite you to read below on the company incorporation procedure. You can rely on our Dubai company formation specialists for the services related to registering your business in this important complex.
We can also help you if you want to open a company in Dubai.
Table of Contents
Dubai DIP zones
Foreign citizens who want to open companies in Dubai Investment Park will benefit from various advantages like those granted by free zone companies. However, it is important to note that DIP is not a free zone. It is good to note that DIP is divided into 3 zones:
- the commercial area;
- the residential area;
- the industrial area.
Each zone has its main point of attractions and investors can open companies with offices in any of them
The commercial area offers many facilities to local and foreign investors, among which spacious offices and showrooms, as well as retail outlets where various commercial undertakings can be completed.
With respect to Dubai Investment Park’s residential area, foreign citizens setting up businesses here can also live in the complex. DIP is also one of the most appreciated areas in Dubai for real estate investments.
The industrial zone in DIP offers industrial spaces ranging between 500 and 1,000 sqm with access to modern waste management, recycling and cooling systems.
Given the available areas, those who want to open a company in Dubai Investment Park can complete various activities.
Our company registration agents in Dubai can offer detailed information on the licenses available for setting up a business in DIP.
Company formation steps in Dubai Investment Park
In order to open a business in DIP Dubai, the following steps need to be completed by a local or foreign investor:
- draft and submit a feasibility study of the business alongside a complete plan and architecture of the facilities;
- file the company registration application form with the Dubai Investment Park Authority;
- in case of opening a branch or subsidiary, the registration certificate of the parent company must also be filed;
- a power of attorney for the company representative to complete the incorporation procedure in the case of foreign business owners must also be filed;
- obtaining a trading license and registering for taxation with the Department of Economic Development, respectively the tax authorities.
An important aspect to consider when setting up a business in DIP is that a local sponsor is required for foreign entrepreneurs.
Our representatives in Dubai can act on your behalf if you are a foreign investor and want to open a company in Dubai Investment Park.
If you want to open a business in Dubai, we recommend you collaborate with our local agents to discover the formalities involved. Such a process can last around 3 weeks, during which the necessary documents are prepared, and the company is registered to pay taxes and obtain the necessary business license. We mention that the limited liability company is the simplest and most accessible structure, for which a minimum share capital of USD 1 is needed.
The main industries to open companies in DIP in Dubai
There are numerous industries in which companies in Dubai Investment Park can operate, and among these, we can mention, food and beverages, the pharmaceutical sector, oil and gas, the textile industry, furniture, building materials, and construction, as well as the media industry.
The main licenses to obtain for such activities are industrial, trading, and commercial permits.
You can rely on our local consultants for assistance in preparing the necessary documents for registering a company in Dubai Investment Park.
Why start a business in Dubai Investment Park?
DIP is one of the most modern complexes in the Middle East. Foreign investors who want to open companies in Dubai Investment Park will benefit from access to modern facilities, but also from various tax advantages.
Among all the advantages offered by DIP Dubai, the following are worth mentioning:
- capital and profits can be fully repatriated in the case of foreign shareholders;
- there is no personal or corporate income taxation applicable here;
- it offers some of the lowest import-export tariffs in the region;
- living and lease costs are quite cheap in this part of Dubai;
- it offers state-of-the-art infrastructure and a strategic location.
In numbers, Dubai Investment Park:
- spans over an area of 23 sq. km;
- has 18,580 sq. m of office spaces;
- includes 20 residential buildings;
- has 6 schools and 2 large hospitals;
- hosts around 4,500 companies.
If you want to open a company in Dubai Investment Park and need assistance, do not hesitate to contact our company registration advisors. You can also count on us if you want to set up a company in Dubai.