Professional firms in Dubai may have 100% foreign ownership. Professional companies must appoint company formation specialists in Dubai who will handle the licensing requirements and will apply for professional licenses, work and residence permits on behalf of their clients. If the owner of the professional firm wants to apply for more than one professional license, his or her company will have to be constituted as a Dubai civil company. Professional licenses in Dubai cover the following activities:
- artisan activities,
- technical services,
- consultancy services,
- internet and web design services,
- medical services,
- beauty salons.
Table of Contents
What are the steps to register a professional company in Dubai?
When establishing a professional company in Dubai, the first step is to make a clear description of the activities to be undertaken. The second step is to appoint the Dubai agents for company incorporation who will handle the licensing requirements. In order to obtain the Dubai professional license, the following steps must be completed:
- file for initial approval with the Department of Economic Development (DED),
- choose the name for the Dubai company,
- pay the registration fee,
- rent an office space,
- submit all documents for final approval with the DED.
Civil companies may also be registered as Dubai limited liability companies, if applying for more professional licenses.
The video below shows the main steps for obtaining a professional license in Dubai:
What are the documents required when applying for a professional license in Dubai?
The following documents must be submitted for initial approval when applying for a professional license in Dubai:
- a prescribed application form,
- copies of the passports of the owner or partners,
- copy of the local partner’s naturalization book,
- a No Objection Letter from the sponsor for foreign partners,
- foreign partners must also submit a copy of the visit, tourist or transit visa,
- initial approval from the relevant authorities depending on the type of activity to be undertaken.
Partners in Dubai civil companies must pay 20,000 Dirhams as security deposit, while those applying for a professional license without a partner must pay a 10,000 Dirhams as a security deposit.
In order to obtain approval for the tenancy contract with the Dubai Municipality, the following documents must be submitted:
- a prescribed application form (BR1 form),
- the name reservation certificate,
- the initial approval from the DED,
- the rental contract,
- copies of the owner’s and partners’ passports.
The tenancy license will be released based on the payment of an issuance fee.
You can contact our company incorporation agents in Dubai for a customized offer for setting up a civil company.