The pharmaceutical industry is one of the largest economic sectors at a global level. The UAE also has a strong pharmaceutical industry which is supported by an extensive legislation. Both foreigners and nationals are allowed to sell pharmaceutical products in Dubai, provided that they comply with the law and they register with the authorities in charge.
Below, our company formation agents in Dubai explain the steps related to selling pharmaceutical goods in the emirates.
Types of pharmaceutical businesses in Dubai
According to the UAE Ministry of Health, there are several types of companies one can establish in order to sell pharmaceutical goods in Dubai. These are:
- pharmacies through which the sale of registered drugs, pharmaceutical products produced by the pharmacy and medical supplies is permitted;
- para pharmaceutical business which can sell various types of supplements and beauty products;
- drug stores that are allowed to import, store and distribute pharmaceutical products to wholesalers or pharmacies;
- pharmaceutical production companies that need special licenses for producing, testing and marketing such goods.
No matter the type of pharmaceutical business chosen, it can be set up in mainland Dubai or in one of its free zones.
Requirements for selling pharmaceutical goods in Dubai
The first step for starting a business for selling pharmaceutical products in Dubai is to register the company with the Department of Economic Development or the free zone authority in which the company will operate.
Our company incorporation consultants in Dubai will guide foreign investors through the entire procedure.
Licensing of Dubai companies selling pharmaceutical goods
There are four authorities with which pharmaceutical companies in Dubai must register. These are:
- the Dubai municipality which will issue the license to operate the facility in the emirate;
- the Ministry of Health which will issue the license or licenses for producing or selling pharmaceutical goods;
- the Department of Environment which will authorize companies producing and selling pharmaceutical products;
- the Customs authorities, in case the company will import or export pharmaceutical goods.
For assistance in opening a company for selling pharmaceutical goods in Dubai, please contact us.