Hamriyah Free Zone was developed in 1995 and is located in Sharjah. Hamriyah stretches on a 24 square kilometers area and has a 14 meter deep port, which is one of the UAE’s largest ports. Among the advantages of Hamriyah Free Zone for foreign investors, are easy access to all other emirates and other neighboring states in the Arabian Gulf and its close location to Sharjah’s ports: Khalid and Fakkan. Foreign investors will also benefit from a fast and simple company incorporation procedure in Hamriyah.
The Hamriyah Free Zone Authority
The Hamriyah Free Zone Authority has developed the seven following subzones dedicated to small and medium sized enterprises:
- the Oil and Gas Zone,
- the Petrochemical Zone,
- Steel City,
- Construction World,
- Timber Land,
- Maritime City,
- Perfume Land.
The Hamriyah Free Zone Authority is also preparing the launch of the new Hamriyah Industrial Zone, which is located near Ras al Khaimah.
The following types of companies are available for registration in Hamriyah Free Zone:
- free zone companies,
- free zone establishments.
The minimum share capital to open a free zone company or establishment in Hamriyah is 150,000 AED. Our company registration agents in Dubai may help you set up any type of company in Hamriyah.
Business licensing in Hamriyah Free Zone
When setting up a company in Hamriyah Free Zone it is very important to determine the exact type of business license one applies for, as it will define the company’s business activity. The Hamriyah Free Zone Authority issues the following types of business licenses:
- industrial licenses for importing and exporting companies,
- commercial licenses which will allow the company to import, exports, sell, distribute or store different products,
- the service license will enable its holder to carry out different services within the Hamriyah Free Zone.
Holders of industrial licenses are also allowed to export their products outside the UAE.
Investment incentives in Hamriyah Free Zone
The following incentives are available for foreign investors in Hamriyah Free Zone:
- full foreign ownership,
- no import or export taxes,
- exemptions from all commercial taxes,
- real estate lease contracts with a 25-year validity period,
- full repatriation of profits,
- no personal or corporate tax.
For information about obtaining business licenses in Hamriyah Free Zone, please contact our agents in Dubai.