Jebel Ali Free Zone, shortly known as JAFZA, is one of the most important free zones in Dubai. Enabled in 1985, JAFZA has quickly become one of the most sought business destinations in Dubai because of the facilities it offers to foreign investors. In numbers, JAFZA looks like this:
- over 1,000 companies from 100 countries operate in Jebel Ali Free Zone at the moment;
- there are over 135,000 employees in JAFZA;
- Jebel Ali Free Zone attracts more than 20% of the UAE’s foreign direct investments year after year;
- JAFZA’s total trade was valued at 69 billion USD last year.
In 1996, JAFZA became the first ISO-certified free zone in Dubai. For more reasons why you should open a company in JAFZA, you can ask our company registration agents in Dubai.
Types of companies and licenses in JAFZA
In order to open a company in JAFZA, one can select one of the following structures:
- a free zone company which requires at least 2 shareholders and a maximum number of 5;
- a free zone establishment that requires a single shareholder.
Foreign companies can set up branch offices in JAFZA.
Once the type of company is chosen, the next step is to decide the type of license one needs for the company in JFAZA. The business licenses available in Jebel Ali Free Zone are:
- the trading license issued for import/export activities;
- the service license issued for specific services provided in the free zone;
- industrial license issued for importing raw materials, manufacturing and export of finished products.
Our Dubai company formation representatives can help you apply for a business license in JAFZA.
Registering a company in JAFZA
The company registration procedure in JAFZA is quite simple, provided that the following documents are filed with the Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority:
- a prescribed application form;
- copy of the shareholders’ and managers’ passports;
- a business plan;
- receipt of the paid application fee.
In the case of a foreign company opening a company in JAFZA, the Certificate of Registration and a resolution of the management board must be filed with the competent authority.
For assistance in opening a company in JAFZA, do not hesitate to contact our company incorporation consultants in Dubai.