The number of foreign investors coming to the UAE and especially to Dubai is rising year after year because of the numerous advantages the Emirate offers. Foreign entrepreneurs are interested in setting up both offshore and onshore companies in Dubai depending on their business objectives. Opening an offshore company in Dubai implies the appointment of a local agent to carry out the business registration procedure.
Our company formation agents in Dubai can help foreign entrepreneurs to set up the type of company, according to their needs.
Table of Contents
Why open an offshore company in Dubai?
The main advantage of registering an offshore company in Dubai is the fact that the company can provide its services outside the Emirate without certain requirements applicable to onshore companies. Starting an offshore company in a Dubai free zone has many other benefits among which:
- no taxes on capital or repatriation of profits;
- full foreign ownership is permitted;
- only one shareholder and a director are required to register the company;
- any currency can be used as capital for the company;
- the is no requirement to deposit the capital in a bank account;
- the shareholders benefit from privacy.
Additionally, Dubai free zones are considered prestigious places to register a company in. Here is a video presentation that explains more:
How to register a Dubai offshore company
The first and most important step to open a Dubai offshore company is to choose a local agent or a specialized company formation firm to carry out the registration. The following documents are required in order to establish an offshore company in Dubai:
- the articles of association;
- a utility bill to serve as proof of residence in the UAE;
- the share capital;
- the name of the company which must be reserved with the Trade Register.
The offshore company’s trade name must contain the abbreviation “Ltd.”.
Once these documents are ready, the company must also have a bank account. Our representatives in Dubai can prepare the incorporation documents for offshore companies and can also guide foreign investors through the bank account setup process.
Offshore companies in Dubai’s free zones
100% ownership is offered in specific free zones in Dubai. Offshore companies come with a wide range of benefits like the following:
- The double taxation agreements protect offshore companies in Dubai.
- There is complete access to the business-friendly legal system and there are low setup costs.
- The possibility of acquiring real estate is available in Dubai’s free zones.
- There is access to global funding for those owning offshore companies.
- International market expansion is possible if you have an offshore company in Dubai.
More about offshore company formation in Dubai can be explained by one of our company incorporation agents in Dubai. The formalities of offshore companies in Dubai are straightforward and can be handled by our agents.
An offshore bank account in Dubai
The offshore company formation in Dubai requires a bank account in Dubai. There are plenty of financial institutions to choose from in UAE and the formalities are straightforward, offering complete confidence to owners of offshore companies in Dubai. Plus, there is also the possibility of opening a bank account outside UAE, yet you should discuss these aspects with one of our specialists in offshore company formation in Dubai who can smooth the entire process.
Advantages of offshore company in Dubai
Investors interested in operating outside the registered company jurisdiction can set up offshore companies in Dubai. This is a legal business entity that offers tax neutrality, access to international market development, and a friendly legal system among other benefits. Jebel Ali Free Zone and Ras Al Khaimah are two principal jurisdictions where international investors can register offshore companies in the UAE. These jurisdictions are tax-free and allow businessmen to enjoy 100% ownership. Here are other important advantages of offshore company formation in Dubai:
- Multi-currency accounts are permitted with offshore companies, in order to carry out operations on an international level.
- One can have properties in Dubai through offshore companies.
- The entity can have international corporate shareholders.
- The offshore company can have at least two directors who benefit from confidence. Their names won’t be displayed publicly.
- There are no minimum share capital requirements for offshore companies.
- The offshore company formation in Dubai can be concluded in just a few days, in most cases, no longer than a week.
A registered office for an offshore company in Dubai
There is no need to rent office space for an offshore company in Dubai, yet a business address is required for a wide range of secretarial services. You can appoint a representative by choosing one of our agents in Dubai and who can take care of such aspects for your offshore company in Dubai.
Making investments in Dubai
Dubai represents one of the most prolific business destinations in the world that rapidly developed in the past decades. The appealing tax regime and the excellent business conditions convinced a large number of foreign entrepreneurs to choose Dubai for company formation and development in most of the sectors. Having complete ownership of the company and paying no taxes are on top of the list of foreign entrepreneurs who are looking for business advantages. In Western Asia, the UAE represents the largest FDI recipient that sustains the GDP in a large percent. Here are some interesting facts and figures about UAE’s economy and business:
- Nearly USD 154 billion represented the total FDI stock for UAE in 2019.
- Sectors like real estate, finance, insurance, and trade receive most of the FDIs.
- India, UK, USA, Saudi Arabia, and France are major investors in the UAE.
- The greenfield investments in UAE totaled around USD 13.5 billion in 2019.
Choosing our specialists in Dubai
Offshore companies can be easily registered with complete guidance and support offered by our company incorporation agents in Dubai. When working with our specialists, you can rely on professionalism, confidence, proficiency, and competence right from the start, no matter if you like to register a company in Dubai, appoint us representatives for your business, ask for virtual office packages or accounting services. Changing the company type, opening a company in Dubai’s free zones, tax filing, personnel services, establishing branches and subsidiaries, or looking for immigration-related services, you can simply send your inquiries to our team of agents and let us handle all the formalities implicated. We have experience in a wide range of areas and can help foreign entrepreneurs open a company in Dubai.
For complete company formation and accounting services, do not hesitate to contact our company registration agents in Dubai.