The Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) Media Free Zone and Film City was established in 2006 and is an alternative for foreign investors wanting to operate in Dubai at lower costs. The Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone Authority (RAKFTZ) is the main governing body in the free zone. The RAKFTZ Authority issues all licenses for companies operating within the free zone but also leases land or office space to businessmen setting up companies in the Dubai free zone. Among the facilities provided to foreign investors in the Ras Al Khaimah Media Free Zone and Film City are:
- low registration and maintenance costs,
- a wide variety of business licenses,
- no corporate taxes,
- one stop shop for company registration procedures,
- full foreign ownership is allowed.
Table of Contents
Business licenses in RAK Media Free Zone and Film City
The RAKFTZ Authority issues various types of licenses depending on the type of company to be registered in Ras Al Khaimah Media Free Zone and Film City:
- publishing licenses,
- TV and radio broadcasting licenses,
- production and post-production licenses,
- media and marketing services licenses,
- business and information services licenses,
- music production and recording licenses,
- new media and media support services licenses,
- service provider licenses,
- consultancy licenses.
Based on the type of license required, foreign entrepreneurs may establish new agencies and software companies in Ras Al Khaimah Fee Zone and Film City. However, based on the service provider and consultancy licenses, they may also register restaurants, medical companies, financial companies or offer HR services, legal and accounting consultancy in the Dubai free zone.
Our company formation agents in Dubai will advise you on the right type of business license for your company.
Register a company in Ras Al Khaimah Free Zone and Film City
The following documents are required when opening a company in RAK Free Zone and Film City:
- the company’s articles of association,
- an application form,
- a description of the company’s activities,
- a bank letter in order to set up a corporate bank account,
- a company name,
- founding members’ passport copies.
Additional documents may be requested depending on the type of license. For full company incorporation services, you may contact our agents in Dubai.