When a foreign investor decides to set up a company in Dubai, he must follow a few steps in order to incorporate it and one of them is reserving a company name. This step is also important in case you need a trade license for your economic activity. In order to obtain this license, you have to reserve a trade name and ask for the permission of the Department of Economic Development in Dubai that is in charge with the regulation of businesses operating outside the free zones. The foreign investors have the possibility to send online the application for the trade name approval or to submit it to the Department of Economic Development in Dubai (DED). They must observe certain restrictions and pay a fee for obtaining a trade name.
If you choose to register a company in a free zone in Dubai, the procedure is a little different. The registration of the trade name is an operation that is handled by the free zone authority.
Table of Contents
How to verify the availability of a company name?
After you choose a name for your company in Dubai, you have to verify if it is available and you can do this through a public service offered by the local Ministry of Economy. You can submit the company name written in Arabic or English. Checking the availability, reservation and payment can be done online on the website of DED.
The name of your company is important because it is representative of your business and your brand and it will help differentiate your business from others.
The main steps of opening a company in Dubai
There are eight steps to follow after you decide to set up a company in Dubai:
– choose your economic activity;
– find a type of company that best suits your business interests;
– find a trade name for your company;
– submit the application for an initial approval certificate;
– draft the memorandum
– set the business location;
– licenses for your business;
– obtain the business license.
Rules for reserving a company name in Dubai
When you choose a name for your company in Dubai, you must observe a few local regulations:
– it is not allowed to start with “international”, “middle east”, “global”;
– the name should reflect the business activity;
– it is not allowed a name that is obscene or has indecent words that may offend the public;
– the names should not be translated etc.
For more details about reserving the name of the company, you may contact our company formation agents in Dubai.