Dubai offers many investment possibilities and business opportunities to those seeking to become entrepreneurs. One of the easiest ways of starting a business in Dubai is by opening a small or medium-sized shop where various goods can be sold. Among the most sought products by persons living in Dubai are household items, as the number of foreigners moving here is on the rise.
If you plan on opening a business for selling household products in the emirate, our company formation agents in Dubai can explain the procedure to follow step-by-step.
Table of Contents
What are the most sought household goods in Dubai?
There are many options for those who want to set up a company for selling household items, however, Dubai is a great market for the following products:
- furniture products for houses, but also for office spaces – both modern and vintage furniture items are appreciated by Dubai citizens;
- large household appliances, like refrigerators and washing machines – Dubai locals change these appliances every 2 to 3 years;
- electronic devices for houses, such as TVs and air conditioning units;
- other types of products which have short lifespans, such as electrical sockets and outlets.
No matter the type of goods sold in the Dubai shop, the owner must fulfill certain requirements imposed by the local authorities.
Regulations for selling household goods in Dubai
When opening a company for selling household goods in Dubai, a businessman must comply with various regulations, among which the most important are:
- apply for a trading license which will enable them to sell any of the products mentioned above;
- make sure the products they sell respect the intellectual property laws, making sure they only sell original products (where applicable);
- advertise the products they sell in accordance with the legal requirements imposed for the respective goods;
- make sure they comply with the competition regulations when it comes to the prices of the goods – the prices must be displayed appropriately;
- provide an invoice for every household good sold and a warranty certificate (where applicable).
Import licenses are necessary for goods brought from outside the UAE. These goods must also bear a label in Arabic.
If you want to start a business for selling household goods, please contact our company registration advisors in Dubai for assistance.