Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ) was enabled in 1996 by the Dubai Government with the main purpose of creating a diversified economy. Ever since, DAFZ has grown year after year, nowadays becoming one of the fastest-growing free zones in Dubai. Foreign investors interested in opening a company in Dubai Airport Free Zone can select between two types of companies:
- free zone establishments (FZEs);
- branch offices.
They can obtain two types of business licenses on which our Dubai company formation agents can offer more information.
Table of Contents
Requirements to open a company in Dubai Airport Free Zone
The opening of a company in Dubai Airport Free Zone depends on the investor’s needs. Foreign individuals and companies can set up free zone companies which will require the following:
- at least one shareholder;
- a minimum share capital of 1000 AED.
The branch office is available for foreign companies seeking an established presence in the free zone.
The two types of licenses available for any type of the company opened in Dubai Airport Free Zone are the trading license and the service license.
How to register a company in Dubai Airport Free Zone
In order to set up a company in Dubai Airport Free Zone, a set of documents must be prepared and submitted with the Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA). These documents are:
- a prescribed application form issued by the Authority;
- a letter of intention;
- a business plan ( for a FZE) or details about the parent company (for a branch office);
- yearly balance sheets (for a branch office);
- bank statements of the shareholders which cannot be more than 6 months old for natural persons;
- a bank reference statement for the shareholders;
- copies after the passports and CVs of the shareholders and managers;
- a No Objection Letter for the manager, in the case of a branch office;
- a No Objection Letter from the relevant authority in the sector the company will operate in.
Our company registration representatives in Dubai can help you prepare the necessary documents to start a company in DAFZ.
Please feel free to contact us if you need information about the main advantages of opening a company in Dubai Airport Free Zone. You can also rely on our company incorporation consultants if you want to open a company in Dubai.