Fujairah is one of the seven Emirates in the UAE and is well known as a tourism destination. Fujairah is the only Emirate located on the East Coast of the UAE and provides some of the most modern technologies for companies and highest living standards for citizens. There are over 250,000 foreigners living in Fujairah at the moment. Also, since the establishment of the Fujairah Free Zone, the Emirate has become very attractive to foreign investors. The available types of companies for foreign enterprisers in Fujairah are:
- free zone establishments,
- free zone companies,
- branch offices.
Business licenses available in Fujairah
Investors may full own a company in Fujairah based on the type of license and the lease agreement concluded with the authorities. The following licenses are available for setting up a company in Fujairah:
- a trading or a general trading license employed to import, export and re-export specific commodities;
- warehousing license for companies leasing diverse warehousing facilities,
- manufacturing licenses.
In order to apply for a manufacturing license in Fujairah, a company must respect all the requirements related to: area, electricity, water, human resources and environmental characteristics.
Our company formation agents in Dubai may provide you with all the information about applying for a business license in Fujairah.
Setting up a company in Fujairah
The most common type of business to be set up in Fujairah is the limited liability company which requires a minimum of two shareholders and a share capital of 150,000 AED. In order to establish a company in Fujairah, one must obtain a business name from the Municipality. Business licenses are also released by the Fujairah Municipality. However, for special activities one must apply for a special license with the relevant ministry or department.
Required documents for company registration in Fujairah
The documents required to register a company in Fujairah are:
- an application form,
- a feasibility study for the project,
- a permission from the Emirate to establish the company,
- the memorandum and articles of association of the company, which may be drafted by our specialists in Dubai,
- a capital contribution certificate issued by a local bank,
- an auditor’s certificate for the shares.