The Dubai Airport Free Zone is one of the oldest free zones in the Emirate, as it was established in 1996. Ever since the Dubai Airport Free Zone registered one of the fastest economic growths and it now counts over 1,500 companies. The Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFAZA) is the authority in charge with company registration in the free zone.
Below, our Dubai company formation agents explain the main reasons for opening a company in Dubai Airport Free Zone.
Table of Contents
Advantages available for foreign investors in Dubai Airport Free Zone
Those who want to open companies in Dubai Airport Free Zone should know that they will benefit from the following:
- they will have full control over their companies and they will benefit from one of the fastest company registration procedures;
- each shareholder needs only 1,000 AED (approximately 300 USD) as capital for the company;
- the business owner can apply for one of the 4 business licenses available in the free zone;
- the Dubai Airport Free Zone is located near the largest airport in the emirate;
- DAFAZA recently inaugurated the industrial park which is the newest zone dedicated for companies operating in the free zone;
- there are no corporate taxes or fees for repatriating money as a foreign investor.
Our company incorporation consultants in Dubai can help foreign investors who want to set up businesses in Dubai Airport Free Zone.
Reduced company registration costs in Dubai Airport Free Zone
At the beginning of 2018, the free zone authority announced that foreign investors coming to Dubai Airport Free Zone will benefit from reduced company registration costs. These fees related to setting up a business in Dubai Airport Free Zone have been reduced by 65%.
The costs related to the licensing process have also been cut by 33%, while the costs associated with visa applications for foreign employees have been reduced by 20%.
At the end of 2018, DAFAZA announced a restructuring of the business licensing procedure which will imply greater flexibility related to applying for licenses and permits upon company formation in the free zone.
If you would like to set up a business in Dubai, we advise you to collaborate with one of our local specialists in terms of documents and formalities. We assure clients that the documents will be prepared and submitted to the relevant authorities. On the other hand, you can choose from a series of business structures, among which, the limited liability company is the most preferred due to a minimum share capital of USD 1, among others. Do not hesitate to contact us as soon as you decide on business activity in Dubai.
For full information on the advantages of establishing a company in Dubai Airport Free Zone, please contact us.