Dubai Health Care City (DHCC) is the only free zone in Dubai dedicated to healthcare services in the Emirate. Launched in 2002, Dubai Health Care City is now one of the most prosperous free zones in Dubai because of the incentives its authority offers to investors opening companies here. Among these are:
- full foreign ownership;
- no corporate taxes;
- a great infrastructure for setting up companies in the healthcare industry.
Our company formation representatives in Dubai can offer more information on the incentives offered by the DHCC’s authority, the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA).
Types of companies to be registered in Dubai Health Care City
Foreign investors, individuals and companies, may choose between two types of business entities when establishing a company in Dubai Health Care City:
- free zone limited liability companies;
- branch offices.
Branch offices are available for foreign companies seeking to have a permanent establishment in Dubai. Corporations are also allowed to set up free zone companies in the DHCC.
Requirements to open a company in DHCC
Before starting the company registration process in Dubai Health Care City, one must know the basic requirements:
- the minimum capital to open a free zone company is 300,000 AED, for setting up a clinic facility;
- the minimum capital to open a commercial office is 50,000 AED.
One must also apply for one of the following businesses licenses with the DTMFZA:
- a commercial license which must be renewed on a yearly basis;
- a facility license which must be renewed every 2 years;
- individual licenses for doctors and nurses which must be renewed every 2 years.
Our Dubai company registration agents can help you apply for a business license in DHCC.
Documents required to open a company in Dubai Health Care City
Opening a company in Dubai Health Care City can be easy if the following documents are filed with the DTMFZA:
- the prescribed application form for the business license;
- the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- a board resolution, if the shareholder is a company;
- passport copies of the founder, in the case of natural persons.
For assistance in opening a company in Dubai Health Care City, please feel free to contact our company incorporation consultants.